Areas For Use
- All internal sealing in areas of high humidity or subject to condensation.
- Sealing around baths, showers, basins and sanitaryware.
- Sealing around work tops and laminates.
- Cap sealing to metal, timber and PVCu window frames.
- As an adhesive for fixing PVCu trims and panels.
- General weatherproofing applications.
- Not for use in conjunction with bitumen or asphalt. Use Weather Mate
- Not for use on highly porous surfaces such as new concrete or stonework. Priming is advised or use SILICONE 450.
- Not for use on substrates that may bleed oils, solvent or plasticisers.
- Do not use in the vicinity of, or in conjunction with the edge sealant of double glazed units. Use SILICONE 450.
- Do not use for perimeter pointing of uPVC. Use SILICONE HM60 or SILICONE 450
- Do not use on soft metals such as lead or brass. Use LEADMATE SEALANT.
- Non overpaintable. In applications where overpainting is required, use Weather Mate.
All surfaces must be clean, dry and dust free. All loose or flaking surface coatings, and old sealant and mastic joints, should be removed before application. Glass, metal and aluminium should be cleaned with a proprietary solvent cleaner prior to application for optimum adhesion. Porous surfaces may require priming - a small area should be tested first.
Reference should be made to the recommended joint ratios. If necessary reduce joint depth using EverFlex Expanding Fill and Fix Foam, or Joint backer rod. Furthermore, ensure that the joint design only permits adhesion to two surfaces, as three sided adhesion will impair flexibility. Cut the tip of the cartridge taking care not to damage the thread. Apply nozzle and cut cleanly at an angle of 45° with an opening slightly larger than the gap to be sealed. Apply using a standard sealant gun. Best results will be obtained by keeping an even pressure on the gun trigger and keeping the gun at a constant angle to the surface being sealed. Smooth down within 10 minutes of application. To ensure a roper bond, always smooth the sealant down using a spatula or piece of wood wetted with a soap and water solution. An improved appearance can be achieved by placing masking tape to both sides of the joint and removing within 5 minutes of application.
- Skin Formation: 10 mins @ 20°C
- Through Cure: 3mm per 24 hours
Store in cool dry conditions between + 5’C and 25’C
24 months from date of manufacture