Areas For Use
- General repair to existing flashing.
- Flashing bituminous felt and similar roofs.
- Flashing parapet walls.
- Sealing roof glazing.
- Replacement off lost lead flashing.
- Repairs to cracks in concrete.
- Repairs to lead gutters.
- Sealing capping bolts in roof sheets.
- Sealing roof ridges.
- Protective coating to insulation materials.
- Sealing projections through roofs and similar sections.
- Flashing between timber and brickwork or blockwork or blockwork cavities.
- Flashing of skylights
- Prime porous surfaces with Black Jack Bitumen and Flashing Primer.
- Do not apply to damp surfaces.
- In cold weather or storage conditions, adhesion may be reduced. Bring up to temperature or heat bitumen adhesive layer with a hot air blower to improve adhesion.
All surfaces must be dry, sound and free from oil, grease and dust Remove all loose material by scraper or wire brush. Porous surfaces, such as concrete or brick, should be primed using Black Jack Bitumen and Flashing Primer and allowed to dry.
Cut to the required length. Peel beck approximately 5cm of release carrier and place the tape into position. Continue removing the release carrier whilst firmly placing the tape to avoid unnecessary creasing. Ensure intimate contact and that no air is trapped. Using a small roller ensure that all edges and overlaps are sealed properly. Overlaps should be at least 25mm.
Store in original container in cool dry conditions. Keep away from sources of ignition.
24 months from date of manufacture in tightly sealed, undamaged containers.