Areas For Use
- Laminate materials
- Bonding pu foam or mineral wool panels to plasterboard.
- Bonding metals to most surfaces.
- Bonds wood, rubber, most plastics and leather, cork, lino and rigid PVC
- Do not use on soft (plasticised) PVC.
- Do not use on polystyrene.
- Do not use on bitumen, asphalt or cellulose painted surfaces.
- Do not use on bitumen or tar leaching products.
- Do not use as a mirror adhesive as the product may attack the mirror backing.
- Do not expose bonded areas to direct sunlight for three days after fixing.
- Do not use in areas subject to continuous water immersion.
- Always allow the adhesive to become touch dry on both surfaces before bringing surfaces together – premature bonding will cause solvent entrapment and blistering of laminates.
- At low temperatures, care must be taken to ensure that the temperature of the adhesive and of both surfaces to be bonded is higher than the ambient temperature. Cold materials have a strong tendency to attract moisture present in the surrounding air, which can have a disastrous effect on the bond strength.
The surfaces to be glued should be clean and free from dust, grease and other contaminants. Materials should be stored in a warm environment prior to bonding to avoid chilling of the glue line, which leads to extended setting times and possible adhesion problems.
DO NOT USE BELOW 10°C. The adhesive is applied to both surfaces in a thin coat. Allow the surfaces to become “touch dry” (adhesive is glossy and no longer transfers to the knuckles) for between 10 and 20 minutes. Porous surfaces must receive two coats, allowing the adhesive to dry between coats. Align the bond edges and bond under maximum pressure. For best results, laminates should be nip rolled or pressed. If this is not possible, use a hard roller and go over the entire surface using as much bodyweight as possible, working from the centre outwards. Seams and edges should also receive extra pressure. The newly bonded material should not be subjected to extreme temperature changes for 3 to 4 days after bonding. Avoid further fabrication until the adhesive has fully cured.
Store in original unopened containers between 10 and 25o C. Reseal immediately once used
36 months from date of manufacture in original unopened containers